At The Fold, we believe if one member of the family is hurting, the whole family hurts. That is why we take a holistic approach, working with the entire family rather than just the teen. As parents of a teen in the program, you will be expected to be involved in several ways for your personal healing and the healing of your child.
- Regular communication via phone calls and letter writing
- Regular communication with the Home Staff and Counselor
- Attending Parent Seminars, which will prepare and equip you for the time you are at home with your child during quarterly home visits
- Home assignments as directed by the ministry for further healing, such as assigned reading, counseling and additional accountability
- Church attendance and involvement to develop your at–home support network
Keep in mind these things are given from a grace perspective with the intent of encouraging you, for you are part of our team, uplifting your child.